Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Orlando Trip 2010 - Part 1

I finally have time to blog about my fun in Orlando. We left town in the plane picture below and flew into Nashville. Let's just say that that was an adventure itself! 

I knew the plane would be small but I don't know that I realized how close I would actually be to the pilots who may or may not have graduated from high school yet. (just kidding) 


We had assigned seats and when they called the 2 people who would be sitting in the front row, they said "first class" seats...I thought to myself...for real...someone paid extra on this plane...why??? Fortunately they were just joking, and I am just gullible. 

The good thing about the bumpy, fish tailing plane ride was the view. I kind of knew where we were along the way based on the interstate. 

This was actually just days before the big flood. This picture is of the Opry Land area. It was dark on our return flight, so we didn't get to see it after the flood. So sad for Nashville!

We made it to Orlando! I went with 2 OTs from work and another OT who recently moved but did work with us. We went to the OT conference for 2 days and while I did not learn as much as I had hoped, it was still pretty fun. They had a HUGE expo one night and we got a bunch of fun/free stuff! I got a nice new therapy bag to carry all of my toys and stuff around the clinic! 

We had lots of fun together! Lots of "you had to be there stories" from the plane ride to the hotel room duvet mishap and people watching, too. 


I did get to escape one day for lunch and eat with a friend from Hot Springs. It was great to see her, but we didn't get a picture! Maybe I can catch up with her again on Orlando trip #2 which is so very soon!

After the conference, two of us headed to my most favorite place in the world for a few days of fun! More to come!

No comments: