Monday, August 22, 2011

Seven on Sunday

1. Today is my dad's 60th birthday!! We celebrated last night with Jason, Jessica, Will (and Ruby, too) and tonight at home. He of course requested strawberry cake - yummy! Sadly the layers moved around and the top was sliding off but it was still good. Happy Birthday Dad!! You are the best!!

2. Last weekend I took maternity pictures for a coworker. I was a little nervous because I have never taken any maternity pictures, but she and her husband were great and great sports in the heat, too! She looked absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait for her to see all of the pictures - finished them up this afternoon!





3. Yesterday, mom and I did a little shopping, and we stopped at PB outlet - love! I went a few weeks ago, too. :) Anyway, they had a really cute desk chair outside that had a few scratches but otherwise was in fairly good condition. It was just what I have wanted for my future craft room, so I of course bought it! I can't wait to get some sewing/appliqueing done tonight!!


4. Running is still going well. I start week 3 of 10k training tomorrow. I have survived a run that was a little over 5 miles, so I think I can continue without falling completely apart! Custom shoe inserts have helped tremendously! This weeks long run is another 5 miles. Should be fun!

5. This weekend I ordered a planner - my life is not the organized mess it used to be it is just a mess - I need additional help!! Can't wait to get it to help organize my life a little bit better but also because it is so colorful and fun!!! I am tired of knowing I have something on a particular date but not remember what exactly it was that I had on that day.

6. Last weekend I kept sweet baby Will so his parents could go out for a friends birthday dinner/celebrations. We had some good bonding time! :) I even let Ruby (the dog) snuggle with me after Will went to sleep... I don't like dogs. :) Oh, and Will clapped for the first time while I was there! yea! Making this OT aunt proud!!

7. I think I should have been a teacher - I love school supplies too much! Favorite part about back to school is the rush and excitement of buying school supplies. We bought supplies at work for a family, so that helped my obsession a little bit. Went into a teacher store yesterday and could have looked around all afternoon - I did get 3 new puzzles for my kiddos at work - I am just tired of the ones we have, and I know they are, too. Can't wait to try them out - all three make sounds!

No comments: