Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy Fall Ya'll (Final Fondant Cake!)

My last cake classes were this week...so so glad to be finished. It was fun but way to much time/work. I do not recommend taking two classes at once for sure! Tuesday night was the last course one class and we made roses. I did not put the roses on my cake and ended up just putting little flowers all over the cake when I got home just to be finished with it. I took pics but will spare you all looking at the buttercream mess! ha!
Saturday was the last fondant class. Naturally I waited until the last minute to work on it Friday night after going to part of a local high school football game. At least I had made the cakes the week before after last Saturday's class (6 cakes and 74 cookies were made last weekend and put in the freezer for the week...crazy!) I was up until 2 am getting ready for Saturday's class Friday night! Needless to say I crashed yesterday afternoon and still have not fully recovered with allergies on top of very little sleep!
Decorating cookies for this weeks bake sale at work will have to wait until tomorrow night!
Ok so here is the cake from Saturday! Happy Fall Ya'll!

I really like the little owls! Hoot Hoot!!
The fondant is homemade marshmallow and turned out really good and smooth this go around! I was so excited about getting it right this time! ha!
Hopefully, I will have pictures of cookies this week! I need more time in the day!

5 comments:

Laura Jo said...

LOVE IT!

Lesley, Dennis, Landon, and Natalee "Lou" said...

awesome job! Fondant is tough but I love using it for my cakes! I cannot wait to make my daughter's first b-day cake. Owls are the theme!

Marksberry Family said...

Love it! Love it!

Elizabeth said...

I'm BEYOND amazed!! FOR REAL!!

Sue said...

WOW! This is awesome. Can you do a wedding cake? LOL